Jo's TechTips: Google Tasks, Google Canvas
I am always looking for better ways to manage my projects. I like Google Tasks because:
- I can manage projects and tasks in Gmail
- I use and share documents and projects through Google Drive (and sync many items with my Dropbox).
- I like the Google/Chrome integration across my Adroid devices and my PC.
- I like that my family, clients and colleagues can use these tools on their systems and devices including IPads,Kindles, etc.
I've had this tiny irritation with GTasks, I wanted to look at my tasks when I wasn't 'in' Gmail and THAT is where this TechTip will focus.
Here are the steps to take to to view Google Tasks as a stand alone webpage/tab. Simply follow this url: https://mail.google.com/tasks/canvas
I set it up to open a GTask tab when I open a browser.
Here are the steps for Chrome:
- Click the Customize Chrome button in the upper right corner of your screen when you are in the Chrome Browser.
- Click 'Settings' in the dropdown list.
- Click on 'Open a specific page or set of pages'